Yes, another paleo cracker recipe. This one is my version of a “cheese” cracker- without the cheese. It’s crispy. It’s savory. And my family loves them.
I made a batch of these the other day, and when I left my family alone for a couple of hours, they were GONE. The whole tray. I guess they were a hit.
These “cheesy” paleo crackers are a spin off of my original paleo crackers. They are completely grain, dairy, and nut free. I have been using sunflower seeds in place of almond flour lately. And I love it. I use soaked and dehydrated sunflower seeds that are ground to a coarse flour in my food processor.
The “cheesy” flavor comes from nutritional yeast. What I love about nutritional yeast:
- Good source of B vitamins, especially B12 (1 TBS provides provides an adult with a full day’s supply)
- Good source of protein (9 grams in 2 TBS)
- Rich in minerals (including iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and chromium, and selenium)
- Makes EVERYTHING taste better
I hope you enjoy them as much as my kids did!
“Cheesy” Paleo Crackers (dairy and nut free)
- Yield: 30-40 small crackers 1x
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds (preferably soaked and dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (preferably soaked and dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (like this)
- 3 TBS coconut oil (like this) (melted)
- 5 TBS filtered water
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- Preheat oven to 325′ F
- Process sunflower and pumpkin seeds in food processor until you get a coarse flour-like consistency (about a minute or so)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until well combined. (Mixture will stick together and begin to form a ball. If it doesn’t form ball, add a titch more nutritional yeast.)
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of unbleached parchment paper (like this) to ¼ inch (or less) thick
- Score the crackers into desired sizes with a pizza cutter
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes (I like to break them up along the scored lines during the last 5 minutes to ensure even baking. BE CAREFUL. They are super hot.)
- Allow to cool and enjoy. Store in an airtight container.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
You may also enjoy my Grain Free”Everything” Crackers and my Paleo Crackers!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a question. Is there anything one can use to substitute for nutritional yeast? I think I am allergic. Thanks!
If you can’t do nutritional yeast, you can try my basic Paleo Cracker recipe. They are very similar. 🙂
If I do not soak and dehydrate the seeds would I still use raw or could I roast? Don’t have a dehydrator. Look delicious and I need a good cracker recipe! Thanks!
You can just use raw sunflower seeds. Roasted would work too. These crackers are really versatile. 🙂
This is an amazing recipe! About half way through cooking I peeked and it looked like a big oily mess and I was trying to figure out what I did wrong. Once I took them out of the oven and let them sit for a few minutes they were perfect! Texture is great and I love the slightly cheesy taste.
I just made this and tasted it raw…add a couple handfuls of basil, skip the cooking process and you have PESTO that would be wonderful on spaghetti squash !
I love to use pumpkin seeds in pesto. We love this raw too. My little one steals little bites as I am rolling it out.
I really want to make these but can’t use sesame.
What would you suggest subbing the 1/2 cup of sesame for?
My toddler has a sesame allergy and from what I’ve heard it’s becoming a common allergen.
PS I love your grain free foccacia recipe. Thank you!!!
you can use any seeds that you like. Maybe just leave them out and add a few more sunflower seeds. This recipe is really forgiving. I would love to hear how it turns out! 🙂
These are my favorite cracker (healthy or otherwise) recipe. Easy, quick, delicious, AND HEARTY. Other cracker recipes are so light & crispy that I can binge the whole recipe all by myself. These are satisfying–can’t ask for anything more! FYI: I upgrade the nutritional profile by “subbing” in some flax seeds. Also great with a cheese board. Thank you!
Katja Heino says
Yay! We LOVE these crackers too. I could totally binge on the whole tray myself too. 🙂