FOR CANDIED HAZELNUTS:
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts, preferably soaked and dehydrated
- 2 and 1/5 TBS coconut sugar (like this)
- 2 pinches of cinnamon powder
- a pinch of celtic sea salt (I use this one)
- 2 TBS water
- juice from one large orange
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS honey (like this)
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- a couple pinches of sea salt
- 3 TBS olive oil
- organic salad mix, about a 1/2 pound
- 1 crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1 medium fuyu persimmon, thinly sliced
- 1 small pomegranate, cracked open and deseeded
To make candied hazelnuts:
- Sprinkle coconut sugar into skillet and begin to heat over medium heat. When sugar begins to melt, toss in hazelnuts and stir to completely coat nuts. Sprinkle on cinnamon, salt, and 2 TBS of water. Stir again to evenly coat. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
To make dressing:
- Mix all dressing ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
To assemble salad:
- Toss salad greens with dressing until evenly coated. Arrange apple and persimmon slices on top. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds all around the salad. Top with cooled candied hazel nuts.
- Serve and enjoy!
This salad is best if dressing is added just before serving. That will ensure that salad greens stay crisp and fresh.