- 1 cup almond flour (I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder (like this)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (like this)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk of any kind
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 to 1 cup fresh blueberries
- extra fat to grease waffle maker
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot powder, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, and melted fat. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix until well incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- Preheat waffle maker. Liberally brush melted butter/ghee/coconut oil on waffle maker. Scoop mixture onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot. (Cook waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions.)
Recipe can be made nut free by subbing cassava flour for the almond flour. Cassava is denser and more absorbent so you’ll need just a bit less. Start with 3/4 cup of cassava flour. Add more if needed. You want the batter to be thick but still pourable. The nut free version will make a crispier waffle, if that’s what you like.
Tapioca starch powder can be used in place of the arrowroot.
Use coconut oil in recipe to keep it dairy free.