- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 4 TBS raw honey
- 1/2 cup raw cacao (like this) (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 and 1/4 tsp peppermint extract (like this) or 4 drops peppermint essential oil (my preferred brand of essential oils)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (like this)
- 1 cup nuts (almond, cashew, pistachios, hazelnut, macadamia, or pecan) ~ I used cashew and pistachios
- Line muffin tins or a large baking sheet with paper muffin liners or mini candy cups. Set aside.
- Pulse nuts in food processor several times until broken into small tiny pieces. Set aside.
- In a double boiler (I use a glass bowl inside of a cooking pot), melt the coconut oil.
- Add the almond butter, honey, raw cacao, and salt. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and fold in shredded coconut ,chopped nuts, and peppermint extract (or essential oil). Mix to thoroughly combine.
- Pour into muffin liners or candy cups. Place into freezer to harden for at least 2 hours (I know, hard to wait but so worth it). Store any leftovers in the freezer. ENJOY!
These will soften at room temperature so are best eaten cold out of the fridge. I prefer them straight out of the freezer.