Easy to make, homemade chocolate peppermint cups are made with just 3 simple ingredients. No bake. Perfect holiday treat or for gifting. Gluten free and vegan with no sugar option.
- Line mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- Melt chocolate chips in a small double boiler (a glass bowl over a small pot of water.) Stir until smooth. Spoon one teaspoon of melted chocolate into bottom of each liner. Tap muffin tray on counter to get chocolate to settle. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Melt coconut butter and add peppermint extract (or peppermint essential oil.) Spoon about a teaspoon of melted coconut butter onto first chocolate layer. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Reheat chocolate and stir until creamy smooth. Top coconut butter layer with enough chocolate to cover completely. Add crushed candy cane sprinkles, if desired. Place in refrigerator to harden.
- Store in fridge. best served at room temperature.
To keep your treats no added sugar and low carb, skip the candy cane sprinkles and use Lily’s dark chocolate chips which are stevia sweetened, with no added sugar, low-carb, keto-friendly, Fair Trade, gluten-free and non-GMO.