- 2–4 large fresh eggs
- Crack each eggs into a fine mesh sieve, allow to drain for 3-5 seconds, then slide into it’s own individual container.
- In a large skillet, bring 2-3 inches of water to a boil than turn down heat to a VERY gentle simmer.
- VERY gently slide each egg individually into the water.
- Allow to cook for 2 to 4 minutes, depending if you want a runny, medium, or firm egg. You can use your long-handled spoon to gently encourage the eggs off the bottom surface and to keep whites together.
- Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon and place onto a paper towel to drain. Serve and enjoy!
You can make your poached eggs ahead of time. Simply undercook them slightly and immediately place them into a bowl of cold water. Cover and store in fridge for up to a day. Reheat in gently simmering water for 30-45 seconds. Drain and serve.
Adding a few drops of vinegar to your water will help the egg whites stay intact. This can, however, impart a slight vinegar flavor to your eggs.