- 2 cups nuts, roughly chopped (I used macadamias, pecans, and slivered almonds)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup ground flax seeds/flax meal (like this) ** see note
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt (I use THIS brand)
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 325’F. Line loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing a few inches to hang off the sides. Liberally grease any exposed sides.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients until well incorporated. Allow mix to sit for about 2-3 minutes to allow flax and chia to absorb some of the liquid.
- Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan. Bake for one hour in middle rack of oven.
- Remove from oven, lift bread from pan with edges of parchment paper, and allow to cool.
- Slice into very thin slices and enjoy. Freeze individual slices and reheat in toaster oven or oven.
Use any combination of nuts that you like. If keto, remember that some nuts are lower carb than others.
You can buy flax meal already ground up, but I prefer to grind my own flax seeds in a coffee grinder as flax meal can go rancid after a while.
This bread is best sliced thin as it’s very nutrient-dense and filling. One loaf = about 25 slices.