- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (I use this brand)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil OR 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp unrefined salt (like this) (if your almond butter contains salt, decrease to 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use THIS dairy, soy, and nut free brand)
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Whisk together whole egg and egg yolk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together almond butter and coconut sugar until fully combined. Add vanilla extract, peppermint oil/extract, baking soda, and salt. Mix until fully incorporated. Then add whisked egg and egg yolk and mix again until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon-sized measuring spoon or scoop, form the dough into round balls and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Press balls down, as these cookies spread only a bit in the oven.
- Bake 10 -12 minutes until cookies are golden brown
- Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!