- Soak pumpkin seeds in water and salt overnight, or at least 6 hours.
- Drain and rinse soaked seeds and place into blender with 4 cups of water and date/maple syrup. Add optional add ins, if desired.
- Process on HIGH for about a minute or so, until creamy and smooth. Strain through nut milk bag (squeezing out as much as you can.)
- Store in air tight glass jar for up to 3 days in fridge.
- If you prefer unsweetened milks, simply leave out the date/maple syrup.
- To maximize nutritional content, leave pumpkin seed milk unstrained. You can use this thicker milk in smoothies and chia puddings.
- I highly recommend soaking nuts and seeds in water with a good quality salt before consuming to remove phytic acid (to improve our body’s ability to digest them.)
- You may notice a slight green tint to your pumpkin milk. This is totally normal.