Easy loaded breakfast cookies jam-packed with all the good things. Nutritious and delicious. Gluten free, paleo, and vegan.
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp nut butter or sunflower seed butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (I use THIS brand)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds (or flax meal)
- 1 cup almond flour (I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (like this)
- 1 tsp baking powder (I like THIS corn free brand)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut shreds (like this)
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs (like this )
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup nuts and seeds of choice, chopped (I used sunflower seeds and pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, maple syrup, melted fat of choice, nut butter, chia seeds, and flax meal until well incorporated. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to let chia and flax to soften. Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Using a cookies scoop, scoop out small mounds onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with fingers as cookies do not flatten on their own. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden on the bottom.
- Allow to cool a bit before serving. Enjoy!
- The amount of cookies you get depends on how big you want them. THIS is the cookie scoop set I have. I used the medium one and got 12 three inch cookies.
- I prefer raw cacao nibs as raw cacao is so nutritious. You can also use mini chocolate chips if you like.
Keywords: breakfast cookies