- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cups zucchini, chopped into small pieces
- 1 and 1/2 cups yellow summer squash, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cups good quality homemade broth (chicken, beef, or veggie)
- 2– 3 TBS green chilis OR jalapenos, finely chopped (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup milk (I used grass fed, raw or coconut but you can use any milk that you choose)
- 1 tsp of cumin powder (like this)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 TBS fresh lemon or lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS nutritional yeast (for a little bit of extra flavor) (I use THIS ONE)
- 2 TBS butter, ghee (like this), or coconut oil (like this)
- avocado slices for garnish
- Saute onion in fat of choice until translucent and starting to brown. Add chopped garlic and cumin powder and saute another minute or two.
- Add chopped zucchini and yellow squash, and saute for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add broth and green chilis/jalapenos. Cover and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, turn off heat, leave lid on, and allow flavors to meld for 10 minutes.
- Add milk, salt and pepper to taste, cilantro, lemon/lime, and nutritional yeast. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with avocado slices.