- 2 cups cooked sweet potato puree
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed coconut milk (here’s my recipe)
- 2 TBS coconut oil (like this), butter or ghee (like this), softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp allspice powder (like this)
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 pinches of clove
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt (I use this one)
- Prepare crust by preheating oven to 350’F and placing a large baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
- Process hazelnuts in food processor until resembles a course flour. Then add in rest of crust ingredients and pulse until well combined.
- Press mixture into glass pie dish and bake for 12 minutes to firm up a bit. You will not see much of a color change in the crust. Allow to cool completely.
- To make pie filling: Preheat oven to 400’F. Be sure the large baking sheet is still in there.
- With a hand blender, combine sweet potato puree and eggs until smooth and creamy. Add rest of ingredients and mix again until well incorporated. Be mindful not to over-process as the sweet potatoes can get pasty and sticky.
- Pour into cool, prepared pie crust and place onto hot baking sheet in oven. Bake for 10 minutes on 400’F , then turn oven down to 325’F and bake until set, about 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then place in fridge to cool completely. Serve as is or garnish with coconut cream or whipped cream. ENJOY