This gluten free + vegan blueberry crumble pie is the PERFECT summer dessert, with a fabulously crunchy and flavorful crust, a mouth-watering blueberry filling, and an obscene amount of crispy topping to finish it off.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 and 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour (I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (or cinnamon)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup solid coconut oil (not melted)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Liberally grease a 9 inch tart pan OR pie dish.
- Toss blueberries in maple syrup and arrowroot powder until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, almond flour, chopped nuts, baking powder, salt, and cardamon. Add is maple syrup and solid coconut oil. Use your fingers to massage the mixture until you get a coarse crumble.
- Remove 3/4 cup of crumble to save for the topping. Press the remaining crumble firmly into prepared tart pan to make the crust. Spread blueberries evenly over crust and sprinkle on the reserved crumble topping.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until crust is golden and filling is bubbling. Lay a piece of aluminum foil gently on top of pie for the last 15 minutes of baking to keep it from getting overly brown (almond flour likes to burn easily.)
- Cool completely before slicing and serving.