Easy Lemon Blueberry Muffins loaded with juicy blueberries and bright lemon flavor. Gluten and grain free with a dairy free option.
- 2 cups almond flour (I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder (like this)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup ghee, butter, or coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- 1 cup blueberries (plus more for sprinkling on top)
FOR THE LEMON GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Mix together almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, fat of choice, maple syrup, lemon juice, and zest. Add wet to dry and mix until well incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle a few blueberries on top of each muffin. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until golden on top and toothpick comes out clean in center. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- When muffins are cool, prepare glaze by melting coconut butter and coconut oil in a small double boiler (I place a small glass bowl over a small pot). Whisk in 1 tablespoon of sweetener and lemon juice. Taste and add more sweetener if necessary. Don’t worry if it gets clumpy. Remove from heat and whisk in hot water 1 teaspoon at a time until glaze is smooth and glossy. Keep whisking. It will get there.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins. ENJOY!