These lemon blueberry muffins are soft and moist, loaded with juicy blueberries, and full of bright lemon flavor. Finished off with a a sweet lemon drizzle.
Hello, sweet friends…
I’m not gonna lie, I’m ready for summer. I am NOT a winter girl AT ALL. Today I’m dreaming of warm weather and flip flops. But alas, it’s snowing outside here in the mountains of North Carolina.
These little muffins are my way of calling in what I want more of: summer berries and bright sunny flavors.
Why I love these Lemon Blueberry Muffins
❤️ juicy blueberries and a lovely lemon flavor
❤️ moist and delicious with the perfect crumb
❤️ gluten and grain free with dairy free option
❤️ all simple real food ingredients
❤️ sweetened with maple syrup
❤️ the lemon drizzle
These no fuss muffins are so tasty and easy to make. They’re healthy and full of clean ingredients. What’s not to LOVE?
My family agrees: these muffins are amazing and DO feel like a little burst of sunshine on this snowy day.
If you’re looking for me, I’ll just be cozied up under a blanket watching the snow eating my muffins dreaming of warmer days.
Hope you love these as much as we do.
Check out all of the y other gluten free muffin recipes HERE.
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
Blueberry Lemon Muffins (gluten free + grain free, with dairy free option)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
Easy Lemon Blueberry Muffins loaded with juicy blueberries and bright lemon flavor. Gluten and grain free with a dairy free option.
- 2 cups almond flour (I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder (like this)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup ghee, butter, or coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- 1 cup blueberries (plus more for sprinkling on top)
FOR THE LEMON GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Mix together almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, fat of choice, maple syrup, lemon juice, and zest. Add wet to dry and mix until well incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle a few blueberries on top of each muffin. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until golden on top and toothpick comes out clean in center. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- When muffins are cool, prepare glaze by melting coconut butter and coconut oil in a small double boiler (I place a small glass bowl over a small pot). Whisk in 1 tablespoon of sweetener and lemon juice. Taste and add more sweetener if necessary. Don’t worry if it gets clumpy. Remove from heat and whisk in hot water 1 teaspoon at a time until glaze is smooth and glossy. Keep whisking. It will get there.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins. ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply