An insanely easy and delicious week night dinner loaded with gluten free pasta and a vibrant dairy free broccoli pesto made with a handful of basic ingredients. Ready in 30 minutes.
- 12 ounces gluten free pasta (I use THIS brand)
- 3 cups broccoli florets, divided
- 1/2 cup basil, parsley, or cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I use THIS organic, cold pressed brand)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts, or pumpkin seeds
- zest from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- extra olive oil, pine nuts, and fresh basil for garnish
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to boil and place a bowl of ice water nearby. Blanch the broccoli florets in the boiling water for 30 seconds, dunk into the ice water to stop the cooking process, drain, and pat dry.
- Place 2 cups of the blanched broccoli (save the remaining cup for later) into a food processor along with the basil, olive oil, pine nuts, lemon zest, garlic clove, and salt. Pulse until desired consistency. (I like mine super smooth.) Taste and adjust for salt and lemon zest.
- To assemble: Transfer the hot cooked pasta to a serving bowl and top with broccoli pesto. Toss to combine. Add in remaining cup of blanched broccoli florets. Serve immediately, finished off with extra pine nuts, fresh basil, and a drizzle of olive oil. Store leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days.