Broccoli Pesto Pasta is an insanely easy and delicious week night dinner loaded with gluten free pasta and a vibrant dairy free broccoli pesto made with a handful of basic ingredients. Ready in 30 minutes.
Who loves quick and easy dinner recipes? Y’all know I’m all about it. Life gets busy, but I still want to have healthy dinners on the table when the family is ready to eat.
I’m going to be honest, I don’t eat pasta very often. I try to focus on mostly rich colorful vegetables and clean proteins. But sometimes we just want a little healthy comfort food.
That’s when we chow down on this yummy bowl of deliciousness. So tasty and full of bright flavor. I think you’re going to LOVE it too.
What’s amazing about this recipe?
❤️ the broccoli pesto… a light and bright pesto made with broccoli, basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, and lemon zest. Feel free to sub pistachios, pumpkin seeds, macadamia nuts, or hemp hearts for the pine nuts if you like.
❤️ no fuss recipe… makes it perfect for a busy weeknight. Just a few simple ingredients. Comes together in no time at all.
❤️ loaded with green goodness… even though it’s a pasta recipe, it is still loaded with nutritious broccoli and basil goodness. This is a really easy and delicious way to add more greens to your family’s diet.
This recipe is an absolute crowd pleaser and is family and kid-approved. It ticks a lot of the healthy eating boxes: gluten free, dairy free, loaded with healthy fats, and full of anti-oxidant goodness.
So if you’re looking for a simple meal that is full of flavor, this is it. Leftovers can be eaten as a cold pasta salad the next day. So good! Enjoy!
Love Pesto Recipes?
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
An insanely easy and delicious week night dinner loaded with gluten free pasta and a vibrant dairy free broccoli pesto made with a handful of basic ingredients. Ready in 30 minutes.
- 12 ounces gluten free pasta (I use THIS brand)
- 3 cups broccoli florets, divided
- 1/2 cup basil, parsley, or cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I use THIS organic, cold pressed brand)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts, or pumpkin seeds
- zest from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- extra olive oil, pine nuts, and fresh basil for garnish
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to boil and place a bowl of ice water nearby. Blanch the broccoli florets in the boiling water for 30 seconds, dunk into the ice water to stop the cooking process, drain, and pat dry.
- Place 2 cups of the blanched broccoli (save the remaining cup for later) into a food processor along with the basil, olive oil, pine nuts, lemon zest, garlic clove, and salt. Pulse until desired consistency. (I like mine super smooth.) Taste and adjust for salt and lemon zest.
- To assemble: Transfer the hot cooked pasta to a serving bowl and top with broccoli pesto. Toss to combine. Add in remaining cup of blanched broccoli florets. Serve immediately, finished off with extra pine nuts, fresh basil, and a drizzle of olive oil. Store leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.