These quick + easy healthy lunch box cookies are loaded with all the good things + are perfect for snacking on the go. Gluten free with no refined sugars. Crispy on the outside, soft + chewy on the inside. Just how we like our cookies.
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats (like this)
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour (see post for DIY directions)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used THIS)
- 1 tbsp ghee, butter, or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–3 tbsp chocolate chips + a few extra for sprinkling (I used THESE no sugar added chocolate chips)
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts (I used pistachios)
- 2 tsp chia seeds (like this)
- 1/4 cup tbsp freeze-dried raspberries, slightly crumbled (like this)
- 1/2 cup large coconut flakes (like this)
- Mix together oats, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, + salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, nut butter, fat of choice, maple syrup, + vanilla extract.
- Pour dry into wet and mix until well-combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips, nuts, + chia seeds. Then very gently fold in freeze-dried raspberries + coconut flakes.
- . Place bowl in freezer for 15 minutes.
- While mixture chills, preheat oven to 350’F + line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small cookies scoop, scoop balls of mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle on a few extra chocolate chips to make them pretty. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden on bottom.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. Store in air-tight container for 3-4 days OR freeze in single layer for later.
Keeping the add-ins chopped into small pieces helps make the cookies less crumbly.
I used a 2 tbsp cookie scoop for these cookies.