There is nothing like pizza for dinner. Everyone loves it. It makes the kids happy. And it doesn’t have to sabotage your healthy eating habits. I’ve been seeing cauliflower crust pizza recipes popping up all over the place lately. Even bookmarked a few to try them out some time. So, here is my version.
I had to make a few batches before I got it just right. The crust always seemed a little “wet”. But then I saw this version from the Detoxinista. Megan added one extra step of squeezing out the cooked cauliflower before making the crust that solved that problem. Thanks, Megan. No more soggy crust. If you haven’t visited her site, please stop on by. Lots of creative healthy recipes with easy to follow instructions.
All you need to make this amazing cauliflower crust pizza is a large head of cauliflower, some cheese, eggs, and few spices. You can use either a hard cheese like mozzarella or a soft goat chevre to make this crust. The topping choices are endless. Get creative here. I used caramelized onions, olives, and parmesan. I also tried goat mozzarella on top, which was really good.
This recipe makes one large crust or if your family all likes different toppings, you can make 2 smaller crusts instead. (see photo below. One is goat mozzarella and the other is goat chevre)
I am so excited to be able to eat pizza without the belly upset that traditional pizza gives me. ENJOY!!!Print
- 1 large head of cauliflower (cut into florets, stems removed)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella (or other hard cheese), grated OR 4 oz. soft goat cherve
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder, dried
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt (I use this ONE)
- For Pizza Topping:
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- AND TOPPINGS OF CHOICE
- Preheat oven to 400′ F
- Process florets, in batches, in food processor until resembles consistency of rice
- Place 4 cups of cauliflower “rice” into medium pot. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and 2 TBS water. Cover and steam on medium heat for 6-7 minutes, until soft but not mushy. Stir occasionally
- Place a clean dish towel over a large bowl and carefully dump cooked cauliflower onto towel. Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Gather up the ends of the dish towel, wrapping the cauliflower mixture inside and gently squeeze out ALL of the water into the bowl (Try to get it all out. This prevents soggy crust. Trust me!!)
- Combine squeezed out cauliflower with remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Using your hands, spread the ‘dough’ into a thin layer on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400′ F until uniformly brown
- Allow to cool
- Spread pizza sauce onto crust. Add your toppings
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400′ F
MAKE THE CRUST
BAKE FOR 35-40 MINUTES AT 400′ F
LET CRUST COOL THEN ADD TOPPINGS
BAKE FOR 10 MINUTES AT 400′ F
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
CAN YOU SAY “UH-MAY-ZING”?
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.