A super simple and delicious flatbread pizza recipe that’s perfect for a quick lunch, easy dinner, and everything in between. Only 15 minutes to throw together.
Hello, sweet friends! I made a pizza for you.
Not just any pizza. I made a flatbread pizza with spinach, goat cheese, and pine nuts. And I think you’re gonna love it.
In my mind, flatbread pizza is the fancy pants sister of regular pizza. It’s lighter, crispier, and somehow a bit more sophisticated.
But the best part is that it’s super quick to throw together. It’s perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or served as a party appetizer.
In order to make this flatbread pizza recipe, you’re gonna need your favorite gluten free flatbread. You can make make your own or grab a store-bought one. You’ll want to pre-cook any store-bought pizza crusts slightly before adding your toppings.
I use my grain free flatbread recipe which is the second most popular recipe on the blog (right after my simple coconut flour cake.) Every once in while, I’ll make 3-4 of them and pop them in the freezer for easy meals later on. They defrost pretty quickly and crisp up nicely.
My absolute favorite gluten free and paleo homemade pizza crust is THIS one by Urban Poser. It’s absolutely amazing and makes a great flatbread pizza base. You’ll want to pre-cook it slightly before you add the toppings.
I’ve been wanting to try this recipe with a grain free and paleo naan bread. I saw THIS recipe and will be trying it soon.
There are lots of flatbreads, pre-made pizza crusts, and naan breads out on the market. All of them will work. Some gluten free ones that I have tried are:
Here’s the recipe deets:
flatbread… we already covered that. Use your fav precooked flatbread or pizza crust here. This recipe makes 2 medium flatbreads or one larger 10-12 inch pizza.
spinach… because we all need more greens in our lives.
goat cheese… creamy and tangy and PERFECT for pizza, IMHO.
other cheeses… use whatever other cheeses make you happy. I used a raw cheddar and a bit of Parmesan.
pine nuts… because pine nuts make everything more fancy.
My favorite way to serve this is with a big, crispy green salad. And a cold glass of white wine. And maybe a sunset view. It’s also fun to cut up into small pieces and serve as an appetizer when guests come over. A total crowd pleaser.
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
A super simple and delicious flatbread pizza recipe that’s perfect for a quick lunch, easy dinner, and everything in between. Only 15 minutes to throw together. Gluten free.
- 2 flat breads (or one large flatbread pizza crust) (**see above for suggestions)
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee, or avocado oil
- 4 cups baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup grated cheese like mozzarella, cheddar , or gouda
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 oz. soft goat cheese
- 1–2 tbsp pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400’F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat fat of choice in large skillet and add in baby spinach. Saute for one minute and then add in garlic powder and pinch of salt. Cook for another minute, until spincah is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Scatter cooked spinach evenly over flatbreads. Add grated cheese and parmesan. Then crumble goat cheese over the top. Add pine nuts.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, until flatbread is warm and starting to get crisp. Then broil for about a minute or two if you like the top a bit more crispy. Enjoy!
Keywords: flatbread pizza
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.