Happy New Year! Here’s a quick + easy Turmeric Beef Soup recipe to kick off the year in a good way. Hearty, healthy, + full of flavor. Gluten free, low carb, + keto.
Every day is another opportunity to make a change. Every turning point gives us a chance to evaluate what’s working + what’s not.
Hello, 2021. I am so happy that you are here.
And like always, I am recommitting to my own personal health journey. No big resolutions. No unrealistic goals. Just an affirmation of my continued commitment to keep on my path to wellness.
And that’s what I wish for you all for 2021. Wellness in all aspects of life. Because health is wealth, and without it, nothing else really matters.
So let’s get to it with another nutrient-dense, quick + easy soup recipe full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory foods. This healing soup is so full of flavor + loaded with vegetable goodness. Your body will thank you.
It’s perfect on a cold winter day. It’s perfect to feed a hungry family. Add a big fat green salad + you’re good to go.
It’s not uncommon to over-indulge over the holidays. That’s why soups like this are so great this time of year.
Holiday baking season gets the best of most of us so January often has me making my Detox Cabbage Soup, Ultimate Green Soup, Curried Cauliflower + Kale Soup, and Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Ginger Broccoli Cauliflower Soup on repeat.
This delicious beef soup ticks all the boxes for me: good quality protein, loaded with vegetables, full of healing spices, + super easy to make. Wholesome grass fed beef, celery, cauliflower, + a flavorful broth with garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, + cinnamon. Mmmmmm…. so good!
It has me feeling so cozy + warm and will definitely be a regular this winter.
As usual, it’s gluten free + grain free. It’s also low carb + keto-friendly.
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
A quick + easy soup recipe that’s hearty, healthy, + full of flavor. Loaded with good quality protein + vegetables. Gluten free, low carb, + keto-friendly.
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee, or avocado oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound grass fed beef
- 3–4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 inch piece fresh turmeric, grated
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (like this)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (like this)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (like this)
- 1/2 tsp salt (I like THIS brand)
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 5 cups good quality broth (vegetable, homemade bone broth or Kettle and Fire)
- 1/2 bunch of dino kale, destemmed + chopped
- salt + black pepper, to taste
- Heat fat of choice in large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion + cook until translucent. Add beef + cook until browned + crumbly. Then add garlic, ginger, fresh turmeric, turmeric powder, cumin, cinnamon, and salt. Stir + cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add in celery, cauliflower florets, and broth. Bring to a simmer + cook, covered, until veggies are just tender (or to your liking.) Toss in chopped kale and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until kale is wilted.
- Add generous amounts of black pepper + salt to taste. Serve + enjoy. Freezes well for later.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.